SCA 2019 Echo Week on Demand:
contains sessions presented by the Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists at the 22nd Annual Echo Week.
Date of Release: February 18, 2019
Program End Date: February 17, 2021
Features of SCA 2019 Echo Week On Demand include:
- Presenters’ slides with fully synchronized audio as it was shown in the room
- Online access to programs within 24 hours
- Compact and convenient USB for complete access offline
- Mobile Streaming for viewing on most iPad®, iPhone® and Android™ devices
- Downloadable MP3 files for audio on-the-go
The mission of the Society’s CME program is to provide anesthesiologists, through a broad variety of educational meetings, enduring materials, and electronic media, with the information and skills that will reinforce their knowledge base and introduce new concepts and clinical practice skills involving the perioperative care of patients with cardiovascular and thoracic disease. It is expected that these educational opportunities will enhance the practitioners’ clinical practice skills.
At the conclusion of these educational sessions, the participant will be able to:
- Define the physical principles of ultrasound technology and its applications for two and three-dimensional (2D, 3D) imaging and use of Doppler principle to assess normal and abnormal intra-cardiac flows.
- Distinguish normal and abnormal left and right ventricular function using qualitative and quantitative aspects of echocardiography.
- Illustrate the normal and abnormal anatomy and function of the native and implanted intra-cardiac valves using 2D/3D imaging and Doppler derived equations of flow.
- Illustrate the integral role of echocardiography in facilitating surgical decision-making in the operating room.
- Develop an understanding of the multi-disciplinary applications of echocardiography in structural heart disease interventions and its role as a vital procedural adjunct.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint provider ship of the Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists and Leaners Digest International. The Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists designates this enduring material for a maximum of 31.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Faculty List, Credentials and Disclosures
Disclosures of Relevant Financial Relationships:
Attendees can review general continuing medical education (CME) information for the meeting, including the designation and accreditation information, learning objectives, and faculty disclosures by visiting scahq.org/echoweek.
Method of Participation and CME Certificate
This product includes a post-test that assesses knowledge learned from the recorded lectures.
This product includes 32 hours of lectures recorded at the 22nd Annual Echo Week and offers up to 31.75 CME credits depending on the number of lectures you choose to watch. You may re-enter the product as many times as you wish, but you can claim CME credit only once and must claim credit by February 17, 2021.
To receive CME credit for this product, you must:
- Purchase the product
- Read the CME Information available when you first enter the player or by clicking the CME Info link in the top right corner.
- View the session(s) of your choosing.
- View the Learning Objectives for the session.
- Click the Test link in the top right corner after you have completed viewing each session for which you intend to claim credit.*
- Complete the post-test for each session. You must score 70% to earn credit but you can re-take test questions that you missed as many times as necessary.
- Generate and print your CME certificate.
(*Please Note: If you already claimed credit for attending the live 22nd Annual Echo Week, you cannot claim credit for the same sessions on the 2019 SCA Echo Week on Demand.).
Medium or Combination of Media Used
SCA 2019 Echo Week On Demand is available in the following formats:
- Online access with downloadable MP3 files
- USB Drive
- Mobile version for most tablets and smartphones
For a complete list of system requirements please go to
SCA.OnDemand.org/ECHO and click About/System Requirements.
Provider Contact Information
For Customer Support, contact support@OnDemand.org or (818) 844-3299; Toll Free: (800) 501-2303 (U.S.A. only). Support hours of Operation 7:30-4:30 PST.
SCA Contact Information
Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists
8735 W. Higgins Road, Suite 300
Chicago, IL 60631
Phone: (855) 658-2828
Fax: (847) 375-6323