SCA Annual Meeting OnDemand:
2019 SCA Annual Meeting OnDemand contains sessions presented by the Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists at the 41st Annual Meeting & Workshops.
Date of Release: May 19, 2019
Program End Date: May 18, 2021
Features of SCA Annual Meeting OnDemand include:
- Presenters’ slides with fully synchronized audio as it was shown in the room
- Online access to selected programs within 24 hours
- Mobile Streaming for viewing on most iPad®, iPhone® and Android™ devices
- Downloadable MP3 files for audio on-the-go
The mission of the Society’s CME program is to provide anesthesiologists, through a broad variety of educational meetings, enduring materials, and electronic media, with the information and skills that will reinforce their knowledge base and introduce new concepts and clinical practice skills involving the perioperative care of patients with cardiovascular and thoracic disease. It is expected that these educational opportunities will enhance the practitioners’ clinical practice skills.
By participating in this meeting, attendees can expect to be able to:
- Describe the latest advances in perioperative cardiovascular medicine.
- Identify current trends in clinical and bench research pertinent to cardiovascular medicine, and incorporate this knowledge into understanding of the science of cardiothoracic and vascular anesthesia.
- Evaluate new therapeutic techniques and diagnostic/interventional procedures in cardiothoracic and vascular anesthesiology.
- Discuss quality of care issues, including applicable metrics, as mechanisms to assist with quality improvement at the learner’s institution.
- Discuss advances in clinical echocardiography and point-of-care ultrasound and how they pertain to care of the cardiac surgical patient.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists and Leaners Digest International. The Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists designates this enduring material for a maximum of 59.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Faculty List, Credentials and Disclosures
To review general continuing medical education (CME) information for the meeting, including the designation and accreditation information, learning objectives, and faculty disclosures, please visit http://scahq.org/AnnualMeeting or www.scahq.org/TAS.
Method of Participation and CME Certificate
This product includes over 59 hours of lectures recorded at the 41st Annual Meeting & Workshops and 8th Annual Thoracic Anesthesia Symposium as well as post-test questions.
This product offers up to 59.25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM based on the number of hours you spend watching presentations and taking the post-test questions. You may re-enter the product as many times as you wish, but you can claim CME credit only once and must claim credit by May 18, 2021.
To receive CME credit for this product, you must:
- Purchase the product
- Read the CME Information available when you first enter the player or by clicking the CME Info link in the top right corner.
- View the session(s) of your choosing.
- Click the Test link in the top right corner after you have completed viewing all sessions for which you intend to claim credit.*
- Complete the post-test. You must score >70% to earn credit but you can re-take test questions that you missed as many times as necessary.
- Enter the number of credits you wish to claim. Credits claimed should reflect the total number of hours that you spent reviewing the CME information, watching sessions and taking the post-test. You should not claim more credits than what you viewed, nor should you claim credits more than once for any given session.
- Generate and print your CME certificate.
(*Please Note: If you already claimed credit for attending the live 2019 SCA Annual Meeting & Workshops or Thoracic Anesthesia Symposium, you cannot claim credit for the same sessions on 2019 SCA Annual Meeting OnDemand.)
Medium or Combination of Media Used
SCA Annual Meeting OnDemand is available in the following formats:
- Online access with downloadable MP3 files
- Mobile version for most tablets and smartphones
For a complete list of system requirements please go to http://sca.ondemand.org/system-requirements/
Provider Contact Information
For Customer Support, contact support@OnDemand.org or (818) 844-3299; Toll Free: (800) 501-2303 (U.S.A. only). Support hours of Operation 7:30-4:30 PST.
SCA Contact Information
Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists
8735 W. Higgins Road, Suite 300
Chicago, IL 60631
Phone: (855) 658-2828
Fax: (847) 375-6323